God is so faithful to us. Whether we fail to realize it or sometimes even fail to think it, it’s still a FACT that God is faithful. He is good.
While it may seem so simplistic, standing on God’s Word and trusting in it, makes it ABUNDANTLY clear that God is faithful. Just look at a small sampling of scriptures!
Numbers 23:19 God is not a man, that He should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should repent; Has He said, and will He not do it? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?
Deuteronomy 7:9 Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations,
Psalm 33:4 For the Word of the Lord is upright, And all His work is done in faithfulness.
Psalm 91:4 He will cover you with His pinions, And under His wings you may seek refuge; His faithfulness is a shield and bulwark.
Psalms 119:90 Your faithfulness endures to all generations; you have established the earth, and it stands fast.
Lamentations 3:22-23 The LORD’S lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, For His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness.
2 Thessalonians 3:3 The Lord is faithful, who will establish you and guard you from the evil one.
2 Timothy 2:13 If we are faithless, He remains faithful, for He cannot deny Himself.
Hebrews 10:23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful.
The Bible continually reminds us to remember God’s faithfulness AND teach it to our children. When we teach it, we are transformed. When we speak it, we are renewed. We STAND on His faithfulness no matter what the circumstances.
For this traditional month of Thanksgiving, let’s not just be thankful for friends, family, good food, and all of the blessings that we see. Let us be thankful for so much more...things that don’t immediately make our thankful bucket list.
- God made himself known to you from either your family or a friend
- God supplied your needs when you thought there would be no way you would get out of a mess
- God has given you an opportunity to let faith legacy continue in you and your family
- God has a purpose and a plan for your life
- God has brought you to exactly where you are for such a time as this
This is deeper thankfulness than we usually think of. And this is gratitude we want to expose our children to and empower them with- the truth that God is faithful. Always has been and always will be.
So this month, let’s make a thankful jar. Here’s some instructions.
1. Find a jar.
2. Each day on a slip of paper, each family member write down either what you are thankful for or a way that God has been faithful.
3. Put it in the jar.
4. On Thanksgiving, before or after dinner, read the slips of paper.
5. Spend moments as a family praying and thanking God for all of His blessings.
6. Every day thereafter, revisit the jar.
7. Read one of these slips a day and add to the jar!
God is faithful and your family will be changed when you remember God’s faithfulness, not only in this month of November, but always.